Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Things 3 and 4

I can see how blogs can provide great resources for people to share ideas and get answers to questions. The interactive aspect is so powerful. In reading people's blogs, I don't usually feel compelled to comment, but I know I will find it helpful to ask questions or to follow links or add links to expand a topic.
It is so part of being human to want to reach out and share our thoughts with others - ever since the earliest cave drawings, people have felt the need to share their experience - even if they never expected to meet those who would later view their work. I wonder what people like Aristotle or Caesar would have thought about blogging?
Do you think blogging is helping shut-ins feel more connected to the world? Does it make people feel happier and less alone? Do psychologists recommend it to their patients?
I'm not sure how much of me I want out there on the Internet. It is so permanent. At least a personal journal can be stowed away and kept private - so much of what we think is important today, turns out to be of little meaning to us down the road.
All these words out there floating around in space. Strange.

1 comment:

  1. You pose some interesting and thought provoking questions. Know what what we find uninteresting and mundane may be significant to future generations. Every great idea started as a small seed.

    ReplyDelete