Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Things 5 and 6

Linkedin and Nings:

Who names this stuff?
Linkedin looks like a hopefull place for people trying to make professional contacts. Great for small business owners, new business owners, people looking to make a change in their career or those who are unemployed.
My other impression is that anyone else is so busy doing business that they don't have time to get involved in the site. But, for those who need the resource, it looks like an interesting place and I bet people make great use of the site. Thats why this whole 2.0 thing is so interesting. Something for everyone.
I don't presently need the resource. I am so busy doing what I need to do that I barely had time to visit to find out what was going on with all those people linking up.
I guess I am just lucky that way - for now, anyway.

Now, about Nings.
I like the way it lays out with the circles in circles, although I have to admit that I clicked a bunch of circles and went in circles for a few minutes there. Then I got in the swing - must be my age. Its ok though because I needed the exercise.
I signed up for the Global Networking Ning - International Networking is a goal I have for this year. I want to hook my students up with other students around the world to gain a global perspective on environmental issues the 8th grade girls are researching. Maybe some global chats or webcams and such will be in the picture for our multigenre project.
I will be following up with this one.

1 comment:

  1. It can't be your age when you went in circles on the Ning site, I did it too. I was hoping you might find something in the Global Networking Ning.

    ReplyDelete